Are you thinking about fostering?
Could you provide a loving home and life-changing care for children who can no longer live with their birth families? Could you give a child stability and security and help them feel they belong.
We have a particular need for people who could foster children, teenagers, or sibling groups. Our family placement team will provide support and training and you will receive a weekly fee.
Fife Council's fostering service is for children in Fife and is based in Fife which means that all training and support meetings take place locally, reducing travel and increasing the availability of support networks.
To foster with Fife Council, you can be , cohabiting, married, in a same sex relationship or in a long term partnership. And you don't need any formal qualifications but experience of caring and working with children is an advantage.
Call us on 01383 602235 or fill in our online form and we will get in touch with you.
Our family placement team is here to listen to you, answer your questions and to help you through every stage of the application process and beyond.
To Foster with Fife Council you should have:
- A separate bedroom available for the child/children.
- Some experience of caring for a child
- Over 21 and either single, married, civil partners, or living together as a couple for at least two years
- Medically fit
- Willing to consider a child/children between the ages of 18 months and 6 years of age
- Able to attend preparation groups and undergo home study of whole family
- Able to provide four non-related appropriate references
- A non-smoker (including all e-cigarettes)
We want to make the best decision for the child, so we're looking for people with a variety of skills and experiences who can meet each child's needs. In particular we need families for sibling groups and older children.